Mini Mathur is an Indian model, actress, television professional, writer, producer, and interior designer. She has also hosted many reality shows.
Mini Mathur was born on 21 August 1976 (age 43 years; as in 2019) in New Delhi. She did her schooling from Delhi Public School. Mathur obtained a degree in English Literature from Lady Sriram College, University of Delhi. Mathur holds a degree in Business and Market Management from the Institute of Management Technology, Ghaziabad. She entered the glamour world as a VJ. She made her acting debut in the year 2002 with the movie Dil Vil Pyar Vyar. Mathur is quite well-known for hosting various reality shows.
- Height (Approx.): 5€ 5€
- Weight (Approx.): 55 kg
- Figure Measurement (Approx.): 34-30-36
- Eye Colour: Brown
- Hair Colour: Black
Family & Caste
Mini Mathur was born in a Hindu Kayastha Family. Her mothers name is Veena Mathur.
Mini is married to film director, Kabir Khan. The couple has a son, Vivaan Khan and a daughter, Sairah Kabir.
Before marking her entry into the entertainment world, Mini worked as an advertising professional with J Walter Thompson, New Delhi through IMT Campus Placement. She started receiving modelling offers after becoming the Face of Ray-Ban sunglasses.
It was after she became the face of Ray-Ban that she got her first game show Tol Mol Ke Bol.
Mini Mather became a VJ with MTV after hosting quite a few game shows. She became quite popular with hosting international concerts, interviewing celebrities, and appearing on youth campuses.
Mini hosted a cultural show on India Bombay Blush that aired in the UK. Mini Mathur became a household name with the first season of the singing reality show Indian Idol, and remained the host of the show for three seasons (2004-07).
In 2009, Mini hosted the reality show Iss Jungle Se Mujhe Bachao. After hosting a number of reality shows, Mathur appeared as a contestant in season 2 of the dance reality show Jhalak Dikhla Ja.
In 2013, she appeared in the movie I, Me Aur Main.
Apart from interviewing politicians, industrialists, and opinion makers on national television, Mini has also appeared in the advertisements for popular brands like Ultra Doux, LOreal, and Comfort.
Mini Mathur also hosted and produced a travel show Mini Me along with her daughter which aired on TLC India. She went on a 25-day trip across Europe. She visited 15 cities in seven countries (Germany, France, Italy, Greece, Montenegro, Croatia and Spain) in 25 days.
In 2019, Mini Mathur appeared in Amazon Primes web-series Mind The Malhotras.
- Mini Mathur has often been trolled on social media for marrying a Muslim, being Islamist, and Hinduphobic. Being a social media influencer, Mini slams all such trolls, and believes that the best way to handle trolls is by shaming them on the platform, in brilliant English.
Go to sleep trolls. The day is over. Go sit with your moms & sisters and tell them how you spent the day abusing, maligning and talking rot about women just like them just because you got paid to. I hope your conscience is having a good holiday in hell.
Mini Mathur (@minimathur) April 24, 2018
- After her web-series Mind The Malhotras released, she was trolled on the social media platform whereby she was asked to consider getting botox done. Mini replied, Thank youand no. I will not use botox. Its time the world got comfortable with the fact that women age, their talent does not. Be happy that feisty lead roles are being written for women in their 40s. Would you have rather a 20-year-old playing a 40-year-old Shefali.
- Food: Mango and sticky rice with coconut milk
- Breakfast: Eggs Benedict with a pot of brewed tea
- Cuisine: Japenese, Thai & Indian
- Restaurant: Indigo, Spice at J W Marriott, Mahesh Lunch Home in Juhu, and Karims in Delhi
- Beverage: Tea
- Chef: Nigella Lawson & Jamie Oliver
- Movie: Meet Joe Black & Jaane Bhi Do Yaaro
- Song: Walking On Sunshine by Katrina & The Waves
- Tourist Spot: €˜Soulitude€™ and €˜Soulitude by the Riverside€™ in the Himalayas
- Travel Show: Highway On My Plate
- Outdoor Activities: Scuba Diving and Kayaking
- Diving Destination: Great Barrier Reef, Dead Sea, Phillippines, Maldives, and Andamans
- Perfume: Happy by Clinique & Dreams by Gap
- Car: Audi Q7
- Outfit: Jeans with white sneakers
- App: Instagram
- Side of the bed: The right side
- Closet Stand-up Comic are the words which she would use to describe herself.
- Minis hobbies include cooking, reading, and travelling.
- She is scared of heights.
- Mini is quite fond of diving; and did a diving certification for her honeymoon.
- Once while diving in the Maldives, she ran out of oxygen and even hit her head.
- When she was dating her husband, Kabir Khan, he used to send her postcards from all the places that he travelled. She considers those postcards her most-prized possession.
- Once, when she was holidaying in China, she ordered chicken soup. In the end, after she had finished her meal, she saw a dead chicken with eyes, feathers, and claws.
- Mathur has eaten oysters, snails, fried insects, bugs, and bees but she has never tried snakes, monkeys, and rabbits.
- She has designed her home herself and has incorporated different things from different countries.
- Her daughter was only six months old when she began doing the reality show Iss Jungle Se Mujhe Bachao.
- Besides going on holidays with her husband, she also likes travelling with her friends Maria, Sandhya, and Jaya.
- The North Pole, Bora Bora, French Polynesia are her dream destinations.
- When she went to Munich while shooting for the travel show with her daughter, she stayed in a Youth Hostel in a tiny room that one could open only one person€™s suitcase at a time.
- One of her special childhood memories was when she went to Disneyland in Florida. She ate a pepperoni pizza and had a banana split for the first time ever. She felt that she was a part of Riverdale High (of Archie Comics fame).
- Mini Mathurs first crush was her brothers best friend from school.
- She shouts at people and says things that she does not mean when she gets angry.
- Mathur would like to remove corrupt, dumb, and self-serving politicians from the earth.
- She dislikes puff sleeves and printed jeans.
- Going out for lunch with friends, spending a day at the spa, Sunday Brunch, and lazying around at home with her family de-stresses her.
- Her leisure time includes watching a movie with her husband after a long day of work.
- Since she is a graduate in English Literature, she reads daily for 1-2 hours.
- Mini Mathurs father-in-law, Rasheeduddin Khan, is a writer.
- She loves dogs and has a Siberian Husky named Blue Khan.
- The lowest point in her life was when she suffered from postnatal depression.